Monday, April 5, 2010

God loves me

I took off for a bike ride today rather than my usual "rodent machine" workout at the Y. I wanted to get some fresh air and clear my head. This was one of those days when it was hard to see the big picture beyond the fussiness and tiredness. I rode by a blue keychain with a large car key attached. I decided to go back and check it out. It didn't have any kind of identification or "if lost send to..." information. I decided my best bet to find it's owner was to make it as visible as possible on the path and left it there. I rode on and passed several people coming toward me exchanging only a brief greeting. Then as I appoached two ladies I stopped and said "excuse me, did either of you lose a key?" The first lady was quick to answer "no" and the second checked her pockets and quietly said "I did". She said it had a blue key chain and I told her where to find it. They were both excited and grateful. I rode away with a quiet voice in my heart saying to me "I have you where I want you." Praise God for his perfect timing and attention to the details of our lives. Even if I can't see the big picture, if I am just faithful with the little things He can use my life for his purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment