Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Back from Utah

Mary and I returned from an excursion to Utah on Sunday. The two of us along with her Uncle Thatcher flew to Salt Lake City to watch some college basketball and see my brother Ben.
Highlights: spending 3 days with Ben, being able to really focus on Mary, (snow) tubing with Mary, watching the OT thriller between KState and Xavier, Mary getting a picture with the K-State cheerleaders, and getting some R&R while Mary napped and Thatcher and Ben skied.

Here's a play-by-play of the last Utah-related conversation I had with Mary in the truck before dropping her off at her Aunt and Uncle's.
Mary: "Daddy, ask me what I'm doing" as she waves her monkey hand puppet back and forth in the back seat.
Dad: "Mary what are you doing?"
Mary: "I'm trying to get you to park in my parking lot" - mimicking the parking lot attendants outside the basketball arena waving orange signal sticks
Dad: "How much will it cost to park in your lot Mary?"
Mary: "um, 30 dollars" - (same price we'd just paid for our parking at the airport in KC)
Dad:"Wow Mary, that's pretty expensive. Would you consider something cheaper?"
Mary: "Um, yeah."
Dad: "How much?"
Mary: "4 dollars"
Dad: "We'll take it"

No comments:

Post a Comment