Sunday, October 9, 2011

Becca the Beautiful

Last weekend we had the opportunity to see many friends and family members in Kansas. It went too fast, but I'm thankful for every minute we had! The highlight of our trip was witnessing the marriage of Joshua Ruby and Becca Butler. I don't member when I first met Becca, but we got to know her in the summer of 2008 and grew to love her when she moved in with us for a season. She didn't know it, but when she moved in she enrolled in a marriage mythbusters course as well as baby boot camp!

When I met Becca, she had a brilliant smile and sparkling eyes framed by a cascade of beautiful brown curls. However, it was the inner beauty of her heart that compelled me to call her Becca the Beautiful. Now that she is married, I'll call her Becca (the Beautiful) Ruby and I can't think of a better name! Just like a precious gem, Becca was sought after and is treasured, first by Christ Jesus and now also by Joshua. It has been a joy to see God use her life to bring glory to Himself by investing in women in Wichita as well as impacting college students across the world. May their marriage be marked by daily faithfullness in following Christ and loving people along the way.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment