Tuesday, October 11, 2011

San Diego trip

Early in September, we took a weekend trip to San Diego to beat the heat. We had a pretty relaxed agenda that included the zoo, the ocean, cooler weather, and we hoped to meet up with former Wichitans Kyle and Carly Walters and their children. The night before, I hurt my back which delayed our departure and made Friday difficult. However, I got to see the chiropractor and survived the drive (lots of pillows), we have a better appreciation of what real dessert looks like, had real Hawaiian food for the first time, and stopped by Mission Beach before settling into our hotel for the night. Saturday the San Diego Zoo was excellent and I was able to walk around well. Toward the end of the day we met up with the Walters at the zoo for a ride in the air tram followed by dinner at a local taco shop. Sunday we visited their church and visited Coronado Beach before heading home. Here are a few pictures from the weekend.


Photo op with Mary and Josiah

There is such a thing as a free ride for this monkey!

Baby Giraffe.

Mary and Zoe on the air tram.

My sweet family!

When I downloaded this photos I was surprised to see....my cousin Megan! I thought she was out of the country then, which she confirmed.  She said has been told she has a look alike that runs on Mission Beach!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. YAY -- for new blog posts! :) I get "dehydrated" without them. Glad for a wonderful trip and memories with your kiddos. Thanks for sharing pictures!

    ReplyDelete