Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Josiah's Journey

First off, I want to thank you for loving Josiah and caring about our family.  I have been in an information and emotional whirlwind the last 24 hours (without my computer) and have not been able to communicate with so many people who care so deeply.  Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Josiah went in to have his adenoids taken out, and tubes put in his ears last Friday the 25th.  The hope was that this would give him relief from all the congestion he has been having.  In addition, they biopsied some lumps in his neck that were "weird looking lymph nodes."  The surgery went great.  He is hearing much better and breathing through his nose somewhat better.  Unfortunately, they found lymphoma (cancer) in the tissue they biopsied.  

He has begun further diagnostic testing to determine the severity of his disease as well as establishing baseline information for treatments to come.  Tomorrow he is scheduled to have a PET scan (assessing metabolic activity), CT scan (identifying any unknown tumors in his chest and pelvis), and a bone marrow biopsy (see where it has spread to).  I hate to leave you with questions, but at this point that is about all we know.  I plan to post updates here as we learn more.

As I was driving him to the hospital yesterday I thought "I wish it were me instead of him."  In that moment I experienced a fresh glimpse of God's love for us.  I invite you to pray for Josiah, our family, and anyone we meet along the road that lies ahead. 


19 comments:

  1. Oh my. Your heart! How can you breathe? I will pray and hope and pray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara (Funke) DeanOctober 31, 2013

    Oh Sarah, please know my thoughts and prayers are with you all. I pray for you and Aaron's strength, Josiah's peace and comfort, your other childrens love and understanding, and the medical teams knowledge, guidance and expertise in determining his treatment plan. Love to you all, Sara (Funke) Dean and family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love to Josiah and your family. The Engle fam will be praying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, thanks for sharing. Know that Kathy & I will be praying for you, Aaron & Josiah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My heart and prayers goes out to you. I am a Prayer Leader at our church and I will put Josiah on our prayer list. Also, I will put a request on KidsTime so they can pray for Josiah. I did that for my Grandson (Cy) when he was diagnosed with Adult Lukemia about three years ago, and I got a note from someone in South Africa who were praying for him. Touched my heart.
    Lord, I lift Josiah up to You and I am asking that you will heal him. I know he is precious in Your sight. I claim James 5:15 - And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven.
    Thank you Lord in taking such good care of this request for Josiah. I ask this in Your name , Jesus, in Your honor, glory and always Your will.
    Love You...x0x0x0x..k

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Sarah! Even though distance separates us know that our family will stand with you! I will weep with you and rejoice with you. We will be praying for you all!
    Love Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  7. We will continue to pray for his healing and know we are here to help in anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  8. May God's glory be seen through this trial!! Your family will definitely be in my prayers daily!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sarah Jeanne and Aaron--know that the Nutter household will be lifting Josiah and your family up to the Lord in the days that lie ahead---hurting with you and believing in Jesus, who "holds all things together." Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Elizabeth AdamsOctober 31, 2013

    I wish I had words that would make this easier for you and your family. Just know that my little guy Christopher and I will be lifting you guys up in prayer and thinking about you every step of the way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You don't know me but I'm praying for you today!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Praying for you. May God heal this sweet little boy and bring peace to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh sarah, we are so sorry to hear this news. thank you so much for the update. our family will be praying for all of you, for peace and wisdom and strength, and especially for josiah.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Sarah....I will definitely be lifting all of you up in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so sorry, Sarah and Aaron! We will join in prayers for you all!!! Please let us know if we can do anything for you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so saddened by this...for your entire family and especially for Josiah. I pray God's strength to increase in your beings and His love to surround you in new ways.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sarah Jeanne - I just read this and am going to stop and pray now. I will keep praying too as you update. I think you guys are awesome and I hope you feel the prayers and support from people who love you! Let us know what your needs are as you move ahead. Miss you! Erika and the Sapps

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loretta weeksNovember 01, 2013

    Sarah & Aaron....praying for you and your family.....especially for Josiah healing strength peace and comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sarah, I am so sorry to hear about Josiah. The girls and I prayed as soon as we heard yesterday and we will continue to pray. I know that God has had His hand on this little guy's life. You all have already come through so much. May you continue to find comfort and peace in the arms of the Father. Love you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete