Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Recasting Adventure


I walked in the door 4 minutes ago with an exhausted little boy that I just scooped up from the car seat and placed into his crib. It reminded me of times when I fell asleep in the car and woke up in my bed as well as sometimes pretending to be asleep in hopes that I would get carried to bed. This was a long day and Josiah isn't the only one that is tired.

On the way home, I had half a notion to stop off at my friend Carey's grandparent's house in Wellsville. I've been there once and they are super sweet folk, however, there are three reasons why I'm glad I didn't: 1. I would have had to use my 6th sense to remember where they live. 2. They probably wouldn't remember me 3. It would have further extended a five hour road trip from K.C. to Wichita.

I met an intriguing couple today in the waiting room. I don't know what was more intriguing, the names of their kids (Diamond, Miracle, Zion, Jubilee, and Mercy) or the diagonistic procedures of one of their doctors (not at Children's Mercy). Who knew you can take a picture of one's eye and discover where their health problems lie? They said the picture will tell if they have a problem with the liver, kidney, intestines, ect.

When I wasn't gleaning these interesting tidbits, I was chuckling at commercials. I don't watch much T.V, so I can take on a sort of "back to the future giddiness" when I do. My husband and sister are so easily amused by how easily amused I am by commercials. Anyway, I digress more for my amusement than yours. I will commence to give the details you expect, then go rest my mellon.

Dr Olney was pleased with Little Joe's hips. They slipped a bit when moved, but didn't entirely slide out of the socket like they did before. He is now sporting a little blue number that features a cropped above the knee look that is just in time for summer. This cast will be removed in about 6 weeks. After that, he will wear a brace that we can be removed for bathing, diapering, and some play time.

No comments:

Post a Comment