Thursday, May 20, 2010

Time Capsule Letters

Four years ago, on March 29th, 2006, Clarise and I each wrote a letter to ourselves. I hid them away in our bank lock box and just recently retrived them. I remember doing a similar thing when I was an eighth grader entering high school. It was fun to read our letters, remember what our lives were like then, and how accurate our predictions about the future were. Four years ago, I had one year left in my library science degree. I wrote "in four years I would love to be a mom. That is something I have desired for a very long time." I also wrote "It has been such fun to meet with Clarise weekly. She is always surprising me with her humor, her ideas, her thoughtfulness, and her perspective. It has been so neat to watch her grow over the past two years." Now, I won't divulge the contents of Clarise's letter on her behalf, but I will say that I loved the conversational voice she used in her letter to herself. It was very funny to listen to and I could just see and hear eighth grade her talking to 12th grade her. :) I look forward to reading these letters again in four years in addition to the new ones we will be writing this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment