Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Random Cravings

I've been through similar seasons of strong food preferences three times before. Sarah once drove around Wichita in search of fried chicken. In the middle of the night!

That helped prepare me for this: "Daddy is it morning time yet" (6am as I sat down with my coffee to read the Word)?
me: Yes Josiah
J: Daddy I was thinking this morning about hotdog*, cucumber, and orange juice...........Can I have those for breakfast Daddy? Did Mom get hotdogs Daddy?
me: I think? we can do that, I'll have to check

Later during preparation: "How many hotdogs Mr. Brown (a play on the nickname Buster Brown)?"
J: How about 3 or 4.
Sarah (smiling): We usually do 1 or 1/2 of one
J: OK (ornery smile), how about 2 and 1/2 then

Background info- He knew that we were out of hotdogs, but he also knew that when he went to bed Mom was gone on a grocery shopping trip. He's assumed the role of food inventory manager for his go-to items and had ensured that I wrote hot dogs on the shopping list when he found out they were all gone.

*Sarah wanted me to make sure you knew they are nitrate, nitrite free beef franks

No comments:

Post a Comment